Another Tour Becomes A Victim Of Coronavirus
The tour will honour and remember Dave Greenfield, and will be their last full UK Tour.
The tour was planned for Autumn 2020, but due to ongoing restrictions for social distancing, the tour will not be possible, and the band have rescheduled for Spring 2021. It kicks off on Dave Greenfield’s birthday, March 29th, and will finish up in Cambridge at the Corn Exchange on April 30th, the town which is considered to be Greenfield’s adopted hometown.
Tickets for the tour that were for the Autumn dates will be valid for the rescheduled dates, and the band will be supported by RUTS DC throughout the tour.
Speaking about the tour rescheduling, the band said this “with numerous other artists wanting to reschedule their tours in that period, the dates available at the venues were limited and this has meant that, in some cases, the equivalent day of the week to the original date wasn’t always free. For example, the original Friday and Saturday at Glasgow have now become a Thursday and Friday instead, with Aberdeen moving to the Saturday. Sadly, the Cardiff Motorpoint Arena show has been moved to the Cardiff Great Hall instead due to availability issues but all the original dates have been rearranged with the addition of a new gig in Warrington.”
The gigs in Brixton on April 16th and 17th will mark the 44th anniversary of the band’s first appearance at that venue (The roundhouse), as they appeared their in 1977 during their ‘Rattus’ tour.
The full tour schedule is as follows, and get tickets here :
- 29 Mar Engine Shed, Lincoln
- 30 Mar Victoria Hall, Stoke
- 1 Apr O2 Academy, Glasgow
- 2 Apr O2 Academy, Glasgow SOLD OUT!
- 3 Apr Music Hall, Aberdeen
- 5 Apr Guildhall, Portsmouth
- 6 Apr O2 Academy, Bristol SOLD OUT!
- 8 Apr O2 Academy, Newcastle
- 9 Apr O2 Apollo, Manchester
- 10 Apr O2 Academy, Birmingham
- 12 Apr Cliffs Pavilion, Southend
- 13 Apr G Live, Guildford SOLD OUT!
- 14 Apr Dome, Brighton
- 16 Apr O2 Academy, Brixton
- 17 Apr O2 Academy, Brixton SOLD OUT!
- 19 Apr UEA Nick Rayns, Norwich
- 20 Apr Hexagon, Reading
- 22 Apr City Hall, Sheffield
- 23 Apr Parr Hall, Warrington
- 24 Apr Uni Great Hall, Cardiff
- 26 Apr O2 Academy, Leeds
- 27 Apr Rock City, Nottingham
- 28 Apr De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 30 Apr Corn Exchange, Cambridge SOLD OUT!